Monday, October 5, 2009

FALL TELEVISION REVIEWS: PART 2



ENTOURAGE (HBO)
The sixth season of Entourage ended last night and even though this season didn't center around Vince trying to get a movie, it was one of the best seasons yet. This is by far one of the best shows on television. The writing is great and there isn't a single bad actor on the show. Ari Gold will end up being one of the greatest tv characters of all time. This show is as close to perfect as it gets and for that it gets a 5 out of 5.



TRAUMA (NBC)
Horrible. This show takes everything it can think of and stretches it way beyond belief. Even though the cast is pretty recognizable, the writers make the characters so stupid and so unbelievable, that it is painful to watch. This series jumped the shark after four minutes with it's big explosions and "I don't care" character attitude. I'll be nice and give this show a 1.5 out of 5.



THE MIDDLE (ABC)
The Middle is a lot like Malcom in the Middle. It stars Patricia Heaton and Neil Flynn as two middle class parents trying to raise three completely different kids. This is your typical sitcom, but it works and I liked it, which I was expecting not to. This show had solid ratings, but could struggle on down the road. I hope it lasts at least a season, because I think there is potential here. I give it a 3.5 out of 5.



HANK (ABC)
I thought Trauma was bad until I watched the first fifteen minutes of Hank. Hank stars Kelsey Grammar as a millionaire who has to start over when he is fired from his own company. The first five minutes of this show, was honestly some of the worst television I have ever seen. The writing is horrible, the actors are terrible. One thing I noticed also was how bad the sets for the show were. Some scenes didn't look real at all. This gets a 0 out of 5.



PARKS AND RECREATIONS (NBC)
The first season of this show was horrible, but it was only six episodes long. I thought maybe with a whole summer to get a good season together that it would improve. It did not. The show is an exact copy of The Office. It is in no way funny and all you do is sit there and compare it to The Office. Unlike The Office, all the characters are annoying and not funny, and the story lines are stupid. Just look at the picture here, it even looks stupid. The show will not last the season. I give it a 1 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment