Tuesday, June 8, 2010

HEADLINES






COULD JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT BE THE RIDDLER?
Rumors hit the web today that JGL is in the running to play The Riddler in the third Batman film. This could have some truth to it. Christopher Nolan loves working with the same people on different projects and he is said to have really liked working with Levitt on Inception.

I personally think that Levitt is an outstanding breakout actor. He can play any role and make it believable and I wouldn't be apposed to seeing him as The Riddler. HOWEVER.....if I was Christopher Nolan and I liked using the same people in my film, I would be talking to, oh say Leonardo Dicaprio about playing the role. It's going to be hard to beat Ledger's performance. And you have to somehow try to at least match if not top that. Now if I had to choose between Levitt and Dicaprio I would go hands down Dicaprio. I also think that Michael Emerson should be thrown in there as well, but that's just me.




POSSIBLE INDIANA JONES 5 PLOT
Now, this could all just be a non-true rumor, but it's Indiana Jones news so I have to report it. According to AICN, they say they have an insider who got a small scoop on the next film. Here is what this "insider" had to say:

Indiana Jones 5 will begin shooting next year, and much of the plot line will be centred around the Bermuda Triangle, an area over the North Atlantic Ocean where a number of aircraft are said to have disappeared.

"George (Lucas) and Steven (Spielberg) have been working on a script and it's almost there," a source explained.

"Harrison is on stand-by for filming next year. This looks like being an emotional and exciting conclusion to the franchise, with Indy facing his biggest challenge yet."

"Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son but this will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie," the source added.

I think the most important thing we read here is not that it's going to have something to do with the Bermuda Triangle, but that they are shooting it old school without all the CGI. I loved the story of the fourth film. The fact that Jones was on the staff that examined the bodies from the Roswell Crash to me is freakin awesome. But what ruined it was the horrible special effects. The monkeys, the ants, and for some reason prairie dogs were all over the top and stupid. Then you have the alien at the end which looked like a cartoon. Hopefully they can get back on track with this next film.



GUILLERMO DEL TORO LEAVES THE HOBBIT
The Hobbit has had production snag after production snag. It gets a release date, then it gets pushed back. They think they have a script, but then they need a re-write. So finally Del Toro had enough and left the project.

Here is an excerpt from his letter about dropping the project:

"My commitment to the project demanded enormous sacrifices both in personal and professional terms. The consequences of which will ripple for years. I relocated my entire life and family to New Zealand and first came on board in 2008."

New Line made a huge mistake by letting this project get to this point. He would have done just about as good as Peter Jackson did on the LOTR trilogy. They lost a great creative mind due to their sloppiness.




WWE TO RELEASE ANOTHER BRILLIANT FILM
Triple-H will be the next WWE wrestler to hit the big screen. He will be starring in The Chaperone. Here is the plot for this sure to be masterpiece:

In the film, Ray Bradstone (Triple H) is the best "wheel man in the business," but he is determined to go straight and be the best parent he can be to his daughter, Sally (Winter), and make amends with his ex-wife, Lynne (Gish). As Ray struggles to find honest work, his old bank-robbing crew, led by Phillip Larue (Corrigan), offers him one last job. He agrees at first, but changes his mind at the last second leaving the crew without a driver. Ray decides instead to serve as a "chaperone" for Sally's school field trip. When the robbery goes awry, Larue blames Ray and chases the school bus all the way to the Museum of Natural History in New Orleans. Ray must deal with Larue, while supervising Sally's class on what becomes one of the craziest school trips ever.

I have seen The Marine, See No Evil and 12 Rounds. The Marine and See No Evil were God awful, but I actually liked 12 Rounds. With a few tweeks, it could have been a really good action film. This on the other hand has disaster written all over it. The only movie to pull something like this off was Kindergarten Cop and no one will be able to top that.

TON OF CAPTAIN AMERICA NEWS
A few months ago I was complaining about how I have doubts on the movie because of director Joe Johnston. Well, I am starting to back track what I say because everytime I see news for this film, I am super excited by what I see or here.







Lets start with the suit. Captain America looks cool enough in the comics, but bringing that to life would look horrible. So I was wondering how would they tackle the suit. I think that they did an incredible job converting it into something that will look cool on screen but still keep the tone of the original suit.

Now the cast. They have been adding some serious talent, not huge names, but talent to the film.











Tommy Lee Jones will be playing General Chester Phillips. Phillips helps train Captain America during WWII. I'm a huge fan of his and I think he is going to nail this role.








Stanley Tucci will be playing Dr. Abraham Erskine who is a German scientist who creates the super soldier experiment. I think that Tucci is a very underrated actor. He has a wide range from the quirky dude in The Devil Wears Prada to the child murderer in The Lovely Bones.









Neal McDonough will be playing Dum Dum Dugan. He is the right hand man to Nick Fury and is in charge of the Howling Commandos. Now McDonough hasn't been in a whole lot, but I think he has some talent and this might help him breakthrough.

These are very good additions to the film that I think will really help out the overall film. But none of this matters if Joe Johnston messes this up. Here's hoping he doesn't.









FANTASTIC FOUR REBOOT NEWS
It has been a long time since anyone has heard anything about this Fantastic Four reboot. Apparently Fox has a title for the film and they plan on it being Fantastic Four Reborn.

I think that is kind of a stupid title myself. I think the need to do what The Incredible Hulk did and kinda recap during the opening credits and then just start the movie. I think the first two would have been a lot better if they hadn't let Tim Story direct.....especially the second one. They need to find someone who is going to make it less cartoonish.

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS NEWS
Some more casting has been made for the new X-Men prequel.








James McAvoy has been linked to play a young Charles Xavier. I don't really see the guy from Wanted fitting the role of Professor X to me. I think Michael Rosenbaum would have been a good choice for that.







Michael Fassbender is in talks to play a young Magneto. I don't know much about this guy except that he was in Inglourious Basterds and I love that movie. So I guess I'm down with that.







Then we have Rosamund Pike who is up for playing Emma Frost. I would have liked to see them go younger for this but she isn't half bad.










BULLOCK AND REYNOLDS TO RETEAM
The Proposal director Anne Fletcher, stars Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds, and producers David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman are reteaming for Universal Pictures' Most Wanted.

Now here is what this unique plot is about:

In the action comedy, Bullock plays a woman on the run with Reynolds as an agent who is supposed to be handling her.

Oh, so basically The Bounty Hunter, Knight and Day and The Killers right? When will Hollywood writers come up with something original? Yes, The Proposal was good. In fact I thought it was really good, but don't get the whole team together again to make a movie that has had three similar plots come out in the past four months.

No comments:

Post a Comment