Thursday, August 19, 2010

HEADLINES

With the summer season coming to an end it looks like the movie news is starting to role in. It was a pretty quite summer as far as movie news goes, so I'm glad some stuff is popping up.









ROGEN TO VOICE BOO U
People must love Rogen's voice because he is always popping up in animated features. This time he will be voicing a ghost for Dreamworks upcoming animated film, Boo U. He plays a ghost who is sent back to school to improve his haunting skills.

Dreamworks is hit and miss with me. To me it seems like I like every other film they do. I like How to Train Your Dragon, so I will probably not like Megamind. So if this is the next in line, it's looking pretty good so far.









ELBA FINALLY GETS THE LEAD
Idris Elba will be taking over the role of Dr. Alex Cross, last portrayed by Morgan Freeman, for James Paterson's novel adaptation Cross. Paterson's previous two adaptations were Along Came A Spider and Kiss the Girls.

This is good news for Elba and us. I think he has tremendous talent, but hasn't found the big role yet in film. He will be perfect for Dr. Cross and I'm actually excited to see another film from these novels.

SAW DIRECTOR DOES 11 11 11
Apparently there is an organization that believes the recurrence of the number 11:11 has a spiritual significance and has a link to spiritual guardians. So naturally on November 11, 2011 this film will be released involving the 11 gates to heaven and how on 11/11/11 the final gate open for a short period of time.

This doesn't sound like anything special right now. Maybe after a few more details, this could turn into something interesting.











ODD DUO PAIR UP
Wesley Snipes is no familiar face to the crime/action genre, but Joey Lawrence, king of ABC's TGIF and now ABC Family, is. The two will be teaming up for a film titled Havana Heat. The story follows a murder of an undercover Homeland Security agent and his connection to Guantanamo Bay. What's even better is that Blonde and Blonder director Dean Hamiltyon is attached to direct.

Now this doesn't say it's going direct-to-dvd, but I can't imagine this making it's way to theatres. I mean Joey Lawrence and the guy that directed Blonde and Blonder??? You know who saw Blonde and Blonder, about eight people that's who. This has disaster written all over it.











JUMPER 2.......PLEASE NO
Hayden Christensen said at the premiere for Takers (which looks terrible), that Jumper 2 is a possibility and there is some talk and ideas going around for it right now.

I don't care how big of a Star Wars fan you are, you can't tell me that Christensen wasn't absolutely terrible in them and that he was one of the reasons they were so bad. The guy's acting is a joke. Now I thought that Jumper had a lot of potential, but a lot of things went wrong and the outcome wasn't good. I really hope they decide to go with a different character and give him the boot.









ABRAMS DEVELOPING THRILLER
Anyone ever play seven minutes in heaven? I never did. But imagine going into a closet to make out with a girl for seven minutes and when you come out, all your friends are dead. That the project Abrams is lining up with Lost director, Jack Bender.

I have nothing but faith in anything Abrams does, but I'm not sure how two kids going in a closet to make out and coming out with their friends dead is going to pan out on screen. I can't imagine an audience wanting to watch a thriller about two kids and I can't buy it being two teenagers. But it's Abrams so I put all my faith in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment