Wednesday, April 7, 2010

HEADLINES



SHARK NIGHT 3D
The other day I wrote about awesomely bad movies. This sounds like an awesomely bad movie. What is even better is that David R. Ellis, who directed Snakes On A Plane, is doing the film. There is no story for it yet, but I would assume as some point there is going to be sharks that perhaps show up at night....just a hunch.

I think what they should do is just make this a sequel to Snakes On A Plane and just have Samuel L. Jackson in another impossible scenario. I would watch that.



TRON LEGACY ALREADY GETTING A SEQUEL
Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, the "Lost" writers/executive producers who co-wrote the first film are already preparing another Tron film.

I recently watched Tron for the first time, and I have to say that it seemed like it was before its time. I didn't hate it, but it was hard to get into at the same time. I do believe however that Tron Legacy is going to be very good and will please Tron fans.



GEARS OF WAR DEAD
Len Wiseman is officially off the Gears of War adaptation that has been going around since 2008. Wiseman has signed on to do a film called Nocturne and it seems he will not be returning to the project. On top of that, the budget had been apparently cut from 100 million to something far less.

I would definitely watch a Gears of War movie, but maybe it's best that it doesn't happen with the way game adaptations normally go. I like Wiseman and was glad that he was the one doing it, but if he isn't attached and they are knocking the budget down, then I am ok with it not happening.



PLANET OF THE APES PREQUEL IS A GO
The prequel titled Caesar is set to start shooting in mid-July.

I think that Planet of the Apes has had it's run. The 2000 adaptation was not very good, and I don't ever see this franchise getting off the ground again.



KITSCH TO STAR IN BATTLESHIP
Jeremy Renner was set to star in Battleship, but has dropped out to star in another film and Taylor Kitsch has taken his place. Battleship is the Peter Berg directed film about a navy fleet fighting off an alien invasion.

I would like to have seen Reener in this, but I am a big fan of Kitsch from Friday Night Lights, and he was actually my second choice for Gambit. I am really looking forward to seeing something from this film and finally getting to see Kitsch in a major role.



SIGH....JOHNNY ENGLISH 2 IS COMING
Universal is developing a sequel to the 2003 film, Johnny English starring Rowan Atkinson.

HOW DOES ROWAN ATKINSON KEEP GETTING MOVIES RELEASED?????? THE FIRST ONE ONLY MADE 28MILLION DOLLARS!!!! I hate British humor, Mr. Bean, Mr. Bean's Holiday and Johnny English are all horrible movies, and that is a scientific fact. I think the bigger question here as well is why in the world William Deofe was in Mr. Bean's Holiday. C'mon man.




FORD TO FIGHT ALIENS
It has been confirmed that Harrison Ford will play alongside Daniel Craig in the Jon Favreau film, Cowboys vs. Aliens. Ford will play a gunslinger. Cowboys vs. Aliens is based off a comic about Indians and Cowboys teaming up to fight off an alien force that arrives.

First off, anything Favreau does, I'm down for. Secondly, it is good to see Ford in anything with a big budget. He needs this. K-19 Widowmaker, Hollywood Homicide, Firewall, Crossing Over, Extraordinary Measures and Six Days, Seven Nights have all been very average at best films. Even Indy 4 was meh, even though it made big bucks. He needs a big movie and I think this will be it for him. I'm a huge Ford fan and I wish him nothing but the best. I think this film could be pretty cool if done right, and Ford playing a gunslinger is just plain awesome.


REMAKE NEWS




YELCHIN TO STAR IN FRIGHT NIGHT
Lars and the Real girl director, Craig Gillespie is set to direct a remake of the 1980's film Fright Night. Anton Yelchin is in talks to star. The comedy/horror film is about a teenage boy who discovers his next door neighbor is a vampire.

I think I can get on board with this remake. I think that Gillespie is an interesting choice for the project, and I am a huge Yelchin fan.



THE TOXIC AVENGER IS BACK
Not only is The Toxic Avenger getting a remake, but the rights also include sequels, an animated series and multiple novels.

I get why some films are cult classics, but I never understood how anyone liked this movie. It is horrible and the sequels only got worse. The original was a hard "R" and this one is going to be a kid friendly, family "PG-13". The first one was horrible, but it was kinda graphic, if you take that aspect of it out, I think your going to have a major flop. I mean he gets turned into this radioactive monster and what is he going to do now, help flowers grow? I think this is a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment