Friday, December 11, 2009

HEADLINES



NATALIE PORTMAN TO STAR IN PRIDE AND PREJUDICE........AND ZOMBIES
Natalie Portman is not only starring, but also producing the upcoming film Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. The story is a spin on the Jane Austen novel and is about the story of a woman's quest for love and independence amid the outbreak of a virus that turns the undead into vicious killers.

While I am sick of all the zombie films coming out, I loved Zombieland and this sounds awesome as well. I'm glad Portman is getting some more roles now, because I think she has a lot to offer even though she was terrible in the new Star Wars trilogy (who wasn't though right?).



LARTER IN TALKS TO STAR IN UFO
The Joshua Jackson flick UFO is looking for it's female lead, and may have found one in Ali Larter. She is now in talks with the director and it looks like she will land the part.

I like Larter, but she hasn't really ever been in anything I like. Hopefully she can shine in this one.



HOWARD JOINS EASTWOOD'S LATEST
Bryce Dallas Howard will star alongside Matt Damon in Clint Eastwood's latest film Hereafter.

Hereafter is about the story of three people; a blue-collar American, a French journalist and a London school boy — who are touched by death in different ways. I'm guessing Howard will play the French journalist. Steven Spielberg is producing.

First off, I really like Howard in everything she has been in so far and I think she is on track to become a major star in Hollywood. Secondly, is it possible for Eastwood to make a bad movie. I use to think Spielberg was the "greatest", but the more Eastwood film's I see the more I'm sure it is him.



JAMES CAMERON'S NEXT PROJECT
James Cameron has confirmed that his next project will be Fantastic Voyage a remake of the 1960's classic. He will not direct the film, he will produce and use the 3D technology used in Avatar for the film.

I don't really care about what Cameron is producing next, I wan't to know what he is directing next. I could really go for another GOOD Alien movie or True Lies 2 would be nice.





GHOSTBUSTERS 3 SPOILER
Sigourney Weaver recently did an interview and gave a pretty big spoiler away on the upcoming film. So if you do not want to know a major plot point of the film stop reading here.

Here are her quotes from the interview she did:
"I'm afraid to say that it *is* happening, I hope people are excited about that," she said. "I don't know if I'm going to be in it, I have gotten a couple of calls asking 'would you read the script.'"

"I know that my little son, Oscar – who was kidnapped from me – I think he has grown up to be a ghostbuster," she added before spilling another, even bigger bit...

"I might be in it and I see nothing wrong with being in it, although I don't think I will have a big part in it. I think Bill Murray has a little more to do with it - he might be a ghost."

So there you have it. Oscar has grown up to be a Ghostbuster and could Peter really be dead? I'm just glad the film is finally happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment