Wednesday, September 16, 2009

HEADLINES



THE RING 3D
There is news that a new Ring film could be in the works and with all the success the 3D horror films are having, it is looked at being done in 3D. I loved the first one. It was original, it was scary, and most importantly it was good. Then they said that they would not make a sequel because they didn't want to ruin what they had done. That lasted for two years until finally as I figured they made a sequel which was one of the worst sequels I have ever seen. If they do a third one, they need to shell out the money and have Gore Verbinski return to direct and start a new story without Naomi Watts.





MORGAN WANTS TO BE LOBO
I'm not sure why Warner Bros. is looking at doing Lobo before oh I don't know Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash or Aquman, but Lobo is a pretty cool character so I'm looking forward to it. When I heard about it, I thought Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be perfect. Apparently he does as well, because he has expressed interest in playing the character. I think he could pull it off.



INDIANA JONES 5 MOVING FORWARD
Harrison Ford has stated that him, Spielberg and Lucas have all agreed on what the next Indy story is going to be. Ford said that if the script is good, he would be glad to put the suit on again. Spielberg also said that Shia's character Mutt has only cracked the story, which means were stuck with more of him. Here is my question. Why in the world did it take so long to make a fourth film? Ford will be seventy years old in three years and I feel that we could have had many more great Indy films if they hadn't waited so long to do it. George Lucas sucks and will ruin the fifth if they let him have too much control over it.



BERG DIRECTING BATTLESHIP
Peter Berg will be directing Battleship, based of the board game. I think Berg is a promising director, but what can really be done with a movie about a five ship fleet stuck in a big battle that is family friendly? Even the premise sounds stupid.



SILENT HILL 2 MOVING FORWARD
As a huge fan of the Silent Hill games, the movie was one of my most anticipated films I was looking forward to. Once I got in the theatre, I quickly realized that it was going to be a big disappointment. The movie performed well and talk of a sequel quickly came and then the film just disappeared. Now Roger Avary who wrote the first film is coming back to not only write but also direct. I don't understand why video game movies don't stick with the game's story. If Silent Hill had just done the story of the first game instead of borrowing themes from the three that had been done at the time, it would have been so much better. I really liked the characters of Silent Hill, but the story was just horrible. The first movie really could have been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment