Thursday, September 10, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW: SORORITY ROW



No intelligent person is ever going to leave a horror film saying "Ah, that was the best movie ever". Horror/slasher films are what they are, cash cows that bring in a huge audience to see the same movie they have seen a thousand times but with a different cast. There is however a difference between a fun horror flick like the Scream movies and a god awful movie like The Final Destination. Sorority Row falls in the middle of the two. I enjoyed the film in parts, but at the same time it was the same crap I've seen a thousand times. I mean after three of the girls are killed because they decided to run off by themself, you would think they would get a clue to stick together.

Sorority Row is yet another 80's remake about a group of sorority sisters who decide to play a prank on one of their boyfriends who cheated on them. The prank goes horribly wrong when the boyfriend thinks she really is dead and impales her with a tire iron. The sisters and boyfriend decide just to ditch the body and move on with their lives. Months later on graduation night a killer starts picking off anyone who knows about the secret one by one.

The movie has no set up, it jumps straight into the plot. The dialogue is completely unbelievable, although I have no doubt that some stuck up sorority girls talk that way. That was one of my problems with the film was that the whole "sorority" take was forced and overdone. I really don't think that is how they act and talk,I may be wrong. My other problem with the film was that the deaths were kind of repetitive. I mean how many times can you stick a tire iron.

Overall, it wasn't a horrible movie. It was definitely tolerable and fun in parts. I give it a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment