Tuesday, March 9, 2010

HEADLINES

FARIS AND EVANS TEAMS UP ON COMEDY
Anna Faris and Chris Evans are teaming up to star in the raunchy comedy What's Your Number. The synopsis is as follows:

Delilah Darling's magic number was supposed to be twenty. She always thought she'd find the perfect guy by the time she'd slept with twenty of them. But when she wakes up naked in her disgusting boss's bed after a drunken night out, she's filled with regret -- and realizes she's hit her self-imposed limit. Unwilling to up her number but unable to imagine a life of celibacy, Delilah does what any girl in her situation would do: she tracks down every man she's ever slept with in a last-ditch effort to make it work with one of them.

Now I don't mind raunchy comedies, but I have a problem with the synopsis of this film. I don't preach morals or values on here, but the line "unable to imagine a life of celibacy" pisses me off. Like I said I don't mind raunchy comedies, but does Hollywood always have to push the whole "it's not cool to not have sex" theme. God forbid someone saves themself for marriage these days. I look at the kids running around the malls and think to myself "Man, our future is screwed". If someone comes out and says "Hey, I'm saving myself for marriage" then Russell Brand has to come along and make fun of them for that. Why? I just have a problem with a thirteen or fourteen year old seeing this and thinking "Hey I need to go out and have sex with as many people as I can". But that is Hollywood and it's not going to change.

Now that I have got that out of my way, I'll share my opinion of this. It will suck. Anna Faris has proven time and time again that she has no real talent. I do like Chris Evans on the other hand and wish he would get in more films. However, I don't think I will like him in this film.

THE BOOK OF GENESIS.....IN 3D
Speaking of morals, there have been plans to take the book of Genesis from the Bible and convert that into a film titled In the Beginning....in 3D. There are films you make in 3D and then there are films you don't make in 3D. This is a movie you DO NOT make in 3D. I mean come on the only thing I can think of that would be cool in 3D is the first six days while God is creating the heavens and Earth. Other than that.....I don't see it.

HEMSWORTH CAST IN ARABIAN NIGHTS
No not Chris Hemsworth, but his brother Liam. The story of the film centers on a young commander (Hemsworth) who, after his king is murdered in a coup, joins forces with Sinbad and Aladdin to rescue Queen Scheherazade. Oh, and it's going to be in 3D.

This is one of those films where your going to have to see the trailer before you can judge. It sounds cool, but it could come out looking like Prince of Persia...aka like crap.

TWO MORE RUMORED FOR MEN IN BLACK 3
First let me start off by saying that no one has signed on to do this film yet. But I believe it will happen and Smith will be back. I'm not sure about Tommy Lee Jones. But a month or two ago it was reported that Josh Brolin would be stepping in to take over Jone's part. Now two more names have popped up to star. Sacha Baron Cohen and Flight of the Conchords star Jemain Clement are now rumored to be involved with the film as well.

I like Brolin as a MIB agent. I would like to see Jones come back or at least in a small role, but I think Brolin would make a good replacement. As for Cohen and Clement, I'm guessing they would play some sort of alien role in the film, probably a villain. I haven't quite decided if I like Cohen yet. I didn't like him in Talladega Nights, loved Borat, and wasn't crazy about Bruno. Just as long as he doesn't over do the role it should be fine. Let's get this thing rolling though.

No comments:

Post a Comment