Thursday, March 25, 2010

HEADLINES















THE AVENGERS HAVE BEEN ASSEMBLED
Now that the Captain America casting rumors have finally come to an end with the casting of Chris Evans The Avengers can officially begin. I'm very optimistic about this film, and that is really all you can be. This could turn out to be the most awesome movie ever, or it could be a total disaster. I don't think that Chris Evans will make the best Captain America, but he is certainly a better choice then most of the people auditioning. But with Robert Downey Jr. and Edward Norton being on board it certainly makes me feel better. The verdict is still out on whether Chris Hemsworth is going to pan out as Thor, but I'm not to worried about Thor, I have faith in that crew. I'm concerned about Captain America. I want this to be awesome, and then hopefully DC will jump on a Justice League film. If they will pay the big bucks for the big names, I guarantee it will pay off five times more at the box office.

I'm hoping that Marvel can get together a shoot with everyone in the upcomming weeks. People are excited about this film and the sooner you start getting little shoots and things together the more hype the film is going to draw. I'm also hoping that we get a teaser trailer for Thor when Iron Man 2 is released this May. It has been filming for a while now and no pictures or information has been released on it's progress.



INTERESTING POSSIBLE DIRECTOR FOR MI:4
Brad Baird who is a fantastic animation director, is being considered to direct Mission Impossible 4. Baird directed The Incredibles and Ratatouille and the very underrated film The Iron Giant. This would be Baird's first live action film.

I certainly am a fan of Baird's work, but I'm not sure if I would want MI:4 to be his first tackle at a live action film. I really enjoyed the first and third films and have been looking forward to a fourth one for a while. But then again, it could be a great choice and he could knock it out of the park.

Zombieland's Ruben Fleisher is also being considered.



ANGELA BASSETT JOINS GREEN LANTERN
Bassett will be playing Dr. Amanda Waller, a government agent of the comic series. Waller appears in several different DC comics and it is rumored her role in Green Lantern will be to set up another DC comic film, The Suicide Squad.











TOM CRUISE TO PLAY A COWBOY???
Tom Cruise and Reese Witherspoon are eyeing a film titled Paper Wings. It is about a champion rodeo rider who falls for a country singer.

The story seems a little bland, but I'm up for anything Reese Witherspoon is doing. I think she is very gifted, but just doesn't do a lot of films. As for Cruise as a cowboy....I like Cruise even if he is nuts, but I'm not sure if cowboy is for him.



BUCK ROGERS COMING BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN
Paul W.S. Anderson is going to be bringing the classic character Buck Rogers to the big screen. Buck Rogers was a former United States Army Air Corps officer who fell into a coma after exposure to a leaking gas after being trapped in a mine. He later awakens in the 25th century. Together with his new found friends, Wilma Deering and Dr. Huer, they battle against evil Mongol warlords who have taken over.

I have never seen or read anything about Buck Rogers, but I have always thought that if I was alive back when he was popular, it would probably have been something I would have been interested in. I'm looking forward to this project. I think that Anderson is really close to having an awesome film and this could be the one. Alien vs. Predator, Death Race, Resident Evil, Event Horizon and Mortal Kombat are all ok films that I think were close to being good films....yes, even Death Race was entertaining to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment