Saturday, March 13, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: SHE'S OUT OF MY LEAGUE




Everyday we wake up, we go to school, we go work, we sit in boring meetings and at the end of the day we lay in bed desperately trying to fall asleep. And if your like me, you spend most of your time doing these things day dreaming. What would I do if I won the lottery, what would I do if a loved one was gone, and dreaming of finding that true love who is just a little better looking than you are.

She's Out of My League explores what happens when an average guy actually gets a chance with the knockout girl. When Molly (a ten) leaves her phone at airport security, Kirk (a debatable five) answers. When he goes to return the phone to Molly, they awkwardly kind of hit it off which leads to an official date. Molly normally dates the hot shot type and feels Kirk would be someone safe for her to date, while Kirk normally is just happy to be talking to a female. As the relationship builds they face the problem as to whether they are undeserving of the other or not.

When I go to watch a comedy, it usually takes me a couple of minutes to get into the film. With comedies, there are so many different styles, some I like, some I don't. With this film it took me a while to get into it, but what ultimately won me over were the characters. Once this happened I could sit back and enjoy the film.

The chemistry of the cast is what the film has going for it. Jay Baruchel and Alice Eve really stand out on screen as a couple that really could make it in the real world. Kirk's friends and family also mesh together really well bringing to mind certain people in you own life that they remind you of.

What pulls the film down is the writing. Sean Anders and John Morris wrote the film with only having one other film, Sex Drive, under their belts. Luckily, the cast makes it work saving them this time. Their next film is Hot Tub Time Machine which is supposed to be a much bigger comedy. I hope they have stepped it up with this film.

This film isn't anything special to run out and see immediately. If your bored and want a few good laughs, that is what it is good for. I would suggest renting it, but do not go spend your money on this one. I give it a two out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment