Friday, August 14, 2009

HEADLINES



PREDATORS TO START FILMING SEPTEMBER 28
I really hope this movie doesn't suck. Robert Rodriguez is producing which doesn't mean crap and Nimrod Antal who's only credits are Vacancy which sucked and Armored which is going to suck. FOX is unfortunately doing the movie so that doesn't help
it much.











FIRST GOOD AVATAR PIC
The first actual screen cap of Avatar was released with Sam Worthington and what seems to be his avatar. I'm not thrilled about how the avatars look in the pictures I have seen but I'm not really going to judge till I see the actual footage.




BRYAN SINGER TO DIRECT BATTLESTAR GALACTICA MOVIE
Bryan Singer is bring Battlestar Galactica to the big screen, but the question is whether it will be it's own movie or tie into the Ronald Moore series that just ended a few months ago. If it does tie into Moore's series then I'm all for it, as long as they bring back everyone. If it is going off the 70's series, then I'm probably not going to be as interested.



WOLVERINE 2 GETS A WRITER
Christopher McQuarrie has signed on to write the next Wolverine movie. This is a step in the right direction because he was also the guy who wrote The Usual Suspects. Hugh Jackman recently said that they were taking this story to Japan which is a fan favorite storyline. Although this is good news, Fox is doing this one also, so they will find a way to ruin it like everything else.



INTEREST IN GODZILLA RESURFACES
Legendary Pictures has recently said that they are interested in bringing Godzilla back to the big screen. Thankfully Roland Emerich has said he is not interested in revisiting this franchise since his 98' version was horrible. Even as a kid I realized that movie sucked. This really shouldn't be a hard movie to get right. Godzilla is pretty cool character and I mean I guess the 98' version was on the right track in some ways but if there is a good cast and story it could work.

No comments:

Post a Comment