Wednesday, August 12, 2009

TOP 20 FAVORITE MOVIE CHARACTERS

I recently saw a Top 100 Movie Characters Of All Time list and it got me thinking who my personal favorites are. I was going to do a top 10 but when I got to thinking about who they would be I came up with to many great characters to pass up. Let me know who your top characters are.



20. WILSON
I know that he is not an actual character, but I have never been more tore up over someone losing a ball then I was when Tom Hanks watched him drift away in Castaway.



19. WALL E
I love Wall E for the simple fact that even though all the little guy says is "Wall E" and "Eva" I still crack up watching him, and you have to admit he warms your heart a little.



18. TONY MONTANA
Scarface paved the way in for mob movies. Tony is an awesome character because he is a smart guy who came from nothing and always managed to get exactly what he wanted and has some of the most memorable lines in movie history.



17. YODA
My favorite scene from all six Star Wars movies is probably when Yoda slowly walks out, opens his little shirt and pulls out his lightsaber to fight Count Dooku. Master Yoda has trained two generations of Skywalkers and can do just about anything.



16. TYELR DURDEN
One of the most memorable characters of the 90's came from an imaginary character. Tyler Durden represents what some average joe nine to five workers wish they could be. Your welcome Mitchell.



15. ROGER "VERBAL" KINT
Speaking of the 90's, Roger Kint,(aka Keyser Soze), pulled off the biggest twist in the 90's. He seemed like this wimpy fragile guy in the movie, but turns out to be the smartest and baddest of them all.



14. IAN MALCOM
When it comes to chaos theory, this guy knows his stuff. If it wasn't for Ian's character the first two Jurassic Park films would have sucked. But I'm pretty sure if he was in the third it would still have sucked. Jeff Goldblum really takes this character somewhere no one else could.



13. BUZZ/WOODY
These guys count as one because you can't have one without the other. These are classic loveable characters who paved the road for a new era of animation.



12. THE JOKER
The Joker is one of the best villain characters in movie history. He is a ruthless murderer who has no mercy, but at the same time has this charm about him that actually makes you want to cheer for him. Heath Ledger has raised the bar for villain performances.



11. FORREST GUMP
Anyone who doesn't like Forrest Gump has no soul. He may be the most loveable kind movie character of all time. The adventue his character goes through is incredible and I really wish the sequel would have gone through.



10. JOHN DOE
Although Spacey's character in Seven is nameless and only in about twenty minutes of the movie, he made enough of an impact on me to always remember him. I don't know why, but when I found out what was in the box my heart sank like it never had in a movie. Doe was a bad dude in that film.



9. RIGGS/MURTAUGH
Once again you can't have one without the other so I am counting them as one. Lethal Weapon helped launch the buddy cop movies whether that is good thing or a bad since most are bad. The Riggs/Murtaugh relationship is a classic on screen duo who hopefully we might see just one more time.



8. JAMES BOND
This guy has lasted for over five decades and twenty-two films. He is one of the most awesome characters of all time. I think everyone kind of wishes they could be like Bond and do secret agent missions, use awesome gadgets, drive fast cars, and get all the ladies.



7. ELLEN RIPLEY
Ripley was one of the first characters that came to mind when thinking about my favorites and I kept trying to think of some more women characters but only Ripley came to mind so she is the only female on the list. She is by far the toughest female character to ever be on the screen. She has fought an alien on her ship, then she fought aliens on their home planet, then she had it in her to sacrifice her own life to destroy the remaing aliens and she was so awesome, they cloned her and brought her back to fight more aliens. She has seen it all.



6. ROCKY BALBOA
Rocky is an iconic character who actually kind of reminds me of Forrest Gump with muscles. The man can hold is own for sure but when I was young I always thought there was something wrong with him. None the less, Rocky is another one of those heartwarming characters who you always find yourself cheering for.



5. MARTY MCFLY
When I was younger there wasn't anyone I liked more than Marty Mcfly. I envied everything about him from his truck, his hoverboard, and the fact that he got to hop around through time. The Back to the Future trilogy is something that doesn't have to be enjoyed by just the generation who grew up with it, but for generations down the road as well.



4. TONY STARK
Even though he has only been an official movie character for a year, Tony Stark has this awesomeness about him that I wish I could be like. He is rich, he gets all the ladies, he has this coolness about him, oh yeah and he has a power suit. Tony Stark is one of my favorite characters of the 2000's.



3. Darth Vader
This guy is arguabley the best villain of all time. Now I'm talking about the original Darth Vader, not the gay one in this new trilogy. The guy can read minds, choke people with his death grip, has an awesome space station where it's only achellis hill is a hole no bigger than a swamp rat, and he has his own army of storm troopers.



2. INDIANA JONES
Growing up there was only three movies I watched more than the Back to the Future movies, and that was the Indy trilogy. Indiana Jones is like 007 in a jungle. He is super smart, gets the ladies, gets to see all kinds of beautiful places and he got to be on the Roswell autopsey committe. He is the man.



1. JOHN MCCLANE
There is no other character I enjoy watching more than John McClane. He is the definition of an action star. He is always at the wrong place at the wrong time and always seems to beat the living crap out of whoever is in his way. He has a unique sense of humor that even when he is fighting for his life he can still fit in the time to crack a joke.

2 comments:

  1. How is Han Solo not on this list? He is probably my favorite character of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess it's kinda messed up that Wislon the volleyball is on here but not him.

    ReplyDelete