Monday, November 9, 2009

HEADLINES



BATTLESHIP SYNOPSIS
When I heard that the board game Battleship was being adapted into a film, I wondered how Peter Berg would be pulling this one off. An early description was that it was to follow a five ship fleet into an intense and violent battle but did not say against who. Well apparently this fleet will be fighting........ aliens.

I'm a big fan of sci-fi, so if they take this from being a guessing board game with plastic pegs, to fighting off underwater extraterrestrials, I'm all for that.




FOXX AND MARTIN TEAM UP ON NEW FILM
This is probably the worst idea I have read in a while, but after thinking about it, this will probably end up being just as successful as a Tyler Perry movie. If you ever watched Martin or In Living Color, then you are familiar with the characters Sheneneh and Wanda. Well, they will be coming to the big screen after a skit with the two characters was so well received at the BET Awards.

This looks bad on paper, but Zoolander was also an award skit and that is a pretty funny movie in my opinion. I like both Foxx and Martin so this could easily go either way, I'm guessing badly though.



GYLENHAAL SIGNS ON FOR SCI-FI THRILLER
Jake Gylenhaal has signed on for the upcoming film, Source Code. The film revolves around Gylenhaal's character who is a soldier who wakes up in the body of an unknown commuter and is forced to live and relive a harrowing train bombing until he can determine who is responsible for it.

This plot has been done a few times with different movies and television shows, but I think this sounds good as well. The best part of it is that Duncan Jones who directed Moon will be directing this film. I'm eager to see how he does with a big budgeted film.

THE VATICAN TAPES
There is really no story here, I just read the synopsis for the film and it sounded kind of interesting. The Vatican Tapes centers on a series of events that unfold after a tape gets leaked from the Vatican displaying an exorcism that goes wrong.

Things that have to do with the vatican interest me, so this could possibly be an interesting movie. James Marsh who directed the documentary, Man On Wire, is directing this, so who knows how it will turn out.











JOHNSTON TALKS ABOUT JURASSIC PARK 4
First off, I didn't realize that Joe Johnston, the director of Jurassic Park 3, was the director of The Wolfman. This immediately makes me less excited for the film. But while doing an interview for The Wolfman, he was asked about the status of Jurassic Park 4. Here is what he had to say regarding a fourth film.

"There is a great story for the fourth one that I would be interested in getting involved with and it's nothing like the first three," Johnston told the site, "It sort of takes the franchise off in a completely different direction, which is the only way I would want to get involved."

He added that it likely won't be another storyline about a group of people struggling to survive a dinosaur attack. "We've done that and it's been done three times..."

It's good to see there is hope for a fourth film out there and that it isn't going to be the same thing we have seen three times already. Also here are some cool and funny fake posters floating around for the fourth film.



YOGI BEAR HEADED TO THE BIG SCREEN
When I was little, I loved Yogi Bear. Well much like Alvin and the Chipmunks and The Smurfs, Yogi is now coming to the big screen. So far the cast includes Dan Akroyd as Yogi and Justin Timberlake as Boo Boo. Anna Farris will play a nature documentarian who follows the antics of a bear in fictional Jellystone Park.

I'm not a big fan of Farris, but I like the casting for Yogi and Boo Boo. I just hope they don't cast Will Ferrell or Steve Carrell as Ranger Smith like a lot of people are suggesting. The movie is about the bears and with either of those guys, they will try and steal the movie while ruining it at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment