Monday, November 2, 2009

IT'S TUESDAY WHAT DVD SHOULD I BUY?



G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA
Ok, so I realize that it's split down the middle with people who liked the movie and didn't. I did. Unlike, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, this movie was fun. It started a little rough, but I think it finds a pace and turns out to be a pretty good film. The gadgets are cool, the action scenes aren't bad or overdone except in a few scenes, and I think it will look really good on blu-ray.



TAKING OF PELHAM 123
If your a fan of Denzel Washington or John Travolta, your not going to get the best performance from either of them. Tony Scott's films have never quite been on par with his brothers, but they are never really bad either. Taking of Pelham 123 is a good movie, but probably nothing you will want to watch often. Rent it, or if you happened to really like it, buy it.



I LOVE YOU BETH COOPER
I did not see this, simply because it looked horrible. There is nothing much to say about this. It looked bad, it performed bad at the box office and besides Hayden Panettiere, who is no great actress, there is a whole bunch of nobodies in it. I'd stay away from this one.



WATCHMEN: THE ULTIMATE CUT
I hate when studios release a movie and then a few months later, release a better version to make double profit. You know they had that version to begin with. Anyway, Warner Brothers pulled the double sale trick on Watchmen fans, because the director's cut is being released. It has almost twenty-six more minutes and weaves The Tales From the Black Freighter into the story. Worth a buy if your a die hard fan.



ALIENS IN THE ATTIC
If you have a kid, I'm sure they would love it, if not stay away.







HARDWIRED
Former movie stars and now direct to dvd stars, Cuba Gooding Jr. and Val Kilmer have finally teamed up for the ultimate direct to dvd film....HARDWIRED!!!! The story revolves around Gooding's character who after his wife and unborn child are killed, gets a new chip in his brain that saves his life, has amnesia, tries to find the killers, chip goes wrong.......same stupid story we've seen before. I have never seen a good direct to dvd movie and I don't think this one will be any different.



STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS: SEASON ONE
I refuse to buy into the new George Lucas theme, which is to appeal to kids and take a giant dump on everything awesome he did with the original trilogy. That being said, I know there are some fans of the show out there and there is a lot of extra features that come with this set, plus it will look great on blu-ray. Not for me though. Shame on you Lucas, shame on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment