Friday, November 13, 2009

HEADLINES







INDEPENDENCE DAY TRILOGY
While doing an interview for 2012, director Roland Emmerich said that he wants to do a sequel to Independence Day and make it a two film story arc. Here is what he had to say:

"What we want to do in the next – it's actually two movies – we want to do a bigger arc," he explained. "The idea is just to continue the story and actually I don't know how many years ago this was—twelve, thirteen, fourteen years ago—and just continue where it ended."

Now here is the part that I swear is not a joke. He said that he would like the title of the film to be ID4-Ever Part 1 and 2. What a stupid title. Almost as bad as The X-Files: I Want To Believe.

Independence Day is one of my all time favorites. I remember seeing the standee for it and praying it wouldn't be rated R, because at the time I was only in second grade. And I remember waiting in the line wrapped around the theatre to get in to see it. If they do this, it has to be done perfectly. I'm not sure how they are going to pick up right where the first one ended, since its been thirteen years since it came out. Also, if Goldblum and Smith aren't back on board, then don't do it. I don't care as much about Bill Pulman because presidents can be replaced, but I would prefer he return as well.

Bottom line, if they can't do this perfectly, leave it alone. If they really have a good story, and the cast is returning, I mean I even want Goldblum's dad back in the sequel, then go for it. With Emmerich's past few movie's though, I have a hard time believing he can pull this off. Sometimes it is best to leave classics alone.



RAMBO V UPDATE
For a while the story for Rambo V was going to be that he is going up against some man/beast creature. I could not believe that they would actually take Rambo in to a sci-fi direction, but sure enough, they really were going to go with that storyline. Until now. Someone has finally come to their senses and changed the plot. Now the story is going to head over the border to a violent city where several women have gone missing.

The last Rambo film was pretty impressive. I'm sure this film will be along the same lines. I would like to finally see a little more in depth to Rambo's character, so hopefully this one will provide that.



THOR BEGINS FILMING IN JANUARY
Thor will begin shooting in Los Angeles mid January. It will then move to Sante Fe for the second half of filming. There has also been a little synopsis released for the film:

The epic adventure spans the Marvel Universe; from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

I have a lot of faith that this is going to be a great movie. Paramount did a great job with Iron Man, the cast is looking great, and I'm a fan of the director.



THREE MUSKETEERS 3D
Jerry Bolt, who is currently producing Resident Evil 4, reported today that they plan to begin a Three Musketeers film in 3D in September 2010. He said the film was going to have an 80 million dollar budget and Paul W. Anderson is set to direct.

Really? Do we really need another Three Musketeers movie? That movie has been done almost as many times as A Christmas Carol. I don't see why they would do it in 3D either. I can picture the swords coming out at me already.

No comments:

Post a Comment