Monday, November 2, 2009

HEADLINES



TERMINATOR FRANCHISE GOES ON AUCTION
At the end of the month the Terminator franchise will be actioned off to the highest bidder. Halcyon, the company with the current rights to it, went under a few months back which has led to the actioning of it. As of right now Sony seems to be the favorite to win over the franchise.

What will this mean for the franchise? I don't think McG will be returning for the fifth film now. I didn't think Salvation was bad like most people, I think he was on the right track. But, I'm not going to pitch a fit if someone else steps in to make it either. I hope whoever takes over does not bring back Bale as John Connor. I think the fans will be ok with them switching again. Bale's antics during the last film really put a bad taste in my mouth. One thing is for sure, the franchise does need a good film is it's going to survive. As long as Fox stays away from it, I'll be fine.



MARK MILLAR TO DIRECT MYSTERY SUPERHERO FILM
Mark Millar, who has created comic books such as; Wanted, Kick Ass, and some Superman novels, will be debuting as a director with a superhero film. He is doing the film through third party investors, which means it will not be a big studio film, so that makes me think it won't be a big name superhero film. He is going to announce what the secret project is in February.

I liked Wanted, I get why some people didn't, but I did. Other than that I don't really care about the announcement. It could be something cool, but if he is going through third party investors to do the film I'm guessing it's going to be a less known project like Kick Ass and Wanted was. Kick Ass does look pretty cool though, so be looking for that film, it comes out this year.



FREEMAN SIGNS ON FOR NEW COMEDY
Morgan Freeman and director Peter Segal, will be joining up for a new comedy. The working title is Dirty Old Men, and is about an aging playboy who finally falls in love and his best friend/wingman tries to stop it. It is said to have the feel of Wedding Crashers meets The 40 Year Old Virgin.

I'm not a Peter Segal fan, he is hit and miss with me. I hated Get Smart, Anger Management, The Nutty Professor 2 and The Naked Gun series, but I did like The Longest Yard, 50 First Dates, The Nutty Professor and his best film, Tommy Boy. Reports are saying they would like Jack Nicholson to play the aging playboy role, which would reunite him and Morgan from The Bucket List, and him and Segal from Anger Management. I like the idea of Nicholson coming on board, he is one of the best, and is actually pretty funny in a "scary, want to kill you way".



ROGER RABBIT SCRIPT IN WORKS
Robert Zemekis has said in an interview that a sequel to the awesome 80's film, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, is currently being worked on my the two original writers. Zemekis said that it would be true to the original as far as animation goes, which means no CGI.

I can't wait for this. I love the original and I'm really glad they aren't going to make it a CGI film. I hope they can bring Bob Hoskins back whether it be a cameo or as a lead role. This film can go so many places with the new technology of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment