Tuesday, November 17, 2009

HEADLINES



FARIS SIGNS ON FOR TWO IN ONE DAY

Today, Anna Faris signed on to do not one, but two different films. The first film, she will be starring along side Ryan Reynolds for a film titled TMI. The two will star as a couple where honesty wasn't always the best policy. The second film is titled Wedding Banned. The film co-stars Robin Williams who plays Faris's father who, along with his ex-wife, kidnaps her on the eve of her wedding in hopes of preventing her from making the mistake they did.

Neither of these films sound really appealing. TMI could be funny, but we'll need more of a plot than, "a couple where honesty wasn't always the best policy".

Wedding Banned has cliche written all over it. Let me go ahead and tell you how this film is going to work. Robin Williams and his ex are going to kidnap Faris to stop her from getting married, get into some "wacky" situations, the two will fall back in love, and Faris will marry whoever she was supposed to. There you go, I just saved you ten bucks for a movie ticket. I'm sure today was a nice payday for Faris though.



GILMORE GIRLS POSSIBLY HEADED TO THE BIG SCREEN
This is for you Mitchell. I have never seen the show, but apparently the creator, Amy Sherman-Palladino, left the show before the final season, and was unhappy about the way it ended. She is considering developing a movie so it can have the ending she wanted it to have.

I'm not sure that is a good reason to make a film.



POSSIBLE BABY FOR SPIDER-MAN?
A casting call for Spider-Man 4, apparently has a character refereed to as "toddler boy" on it. It says, 3 year old boy to play 2 year old, Caucasian with RED HAIR, an adorable toddler with an engaging personality, on set experience preferred.

Now this could mean anything, but if they make Peter and MJ have a kid OR have Peter and MJ separated but now MJ has a kid, I will more than likely be done with this film. Spider-Man 4 needs to go back to it's roots. Have one villain and a simple storyline. There is no need to have eight different storylines in a two hour film, that is what sequels were created for.



MCG OFF 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA
It was reported today, that McG is no longer attached to direct 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and that more than likely the project has been sat on the shelf for now.

I was really interested and looking forward to this film. With today's technology and a good script, this could be a big movie which could spawn into a cool franchise. I like underwater films and you only get one every now and then.

I think McG got to bad of a wrap for Terminator Salvation not meeting box office standards. I think he has promise to him but he just needs a few more projects under his belt.

Maybe I'm just nuts, but I think it could be really cool. I picture it of sorta like a Star Trek type movie underwater, of course just older ships.



THIRD BATMAN FILM'S RELEASE DATE.......KIND OF
It's being reported that Christopher Nolan will be announcing whether or not he will be returning for a third Batman film in January once the marketing for his new film, Inception begins.

He needs to come back for the third film. He is the one who set the next film up, just like he set Batman Begins up for it's sequel. If he is thinking of leaving the franchise, that is fine, but I really hope he continues his story for one more film.

2 comments:

  1. You guys can mock me all you want, that show was hilarious. No show made more pop-culture references than Gilmore Girls; don't know how I feel about a movie though. I think too many shows are trying to make the leap to the silver screen, and most fail. I would however like to see another South Park Movie; come on, there's been like 9 or 10 seasons since the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I was not taking a shot at you. I put that up there just for you. I mean come on, I love Glee and Cougar Town.

    ReplyDelete