Tuesday, November 17, 2009

IT'S TUESDAY, WHAT DVD SHOULD I BUY



STAR TREK
For me, this was the best film of the summer. It had everything you want in a movie. The action was great and NOT overdone like most summer flicks, it had a lot of funny scenes, the actors all did a great job, and most importantly the script was incredible. What J.J. Abrhams did with this film's story was genius. He made it to where endless possibilities can happen now for Star Trek films. To me, this is a must buy.



BRUNO
This was a little bit of a disappointment to me. Was it funny, yes. But most the film I was sitting there thinking that it was really only funny the first time with Bruno. It had a "been there, done that" feel to it. I'm sure some people thought that it was just as funny as Borat and will buy it, but it just seemed fake to me. You can't tell me that Paula Abdul didn't know that was Sasha Baren Cohen doing her interview making her sit on mexicans. If you get this and haven't seen it, you will get a few laughs, but it probably won't be for everyone.



MY SISTER'S KEEPER
I did not see this film, but I heard that it was pretty good and of course sad. To me this isn't something I would buy though. Who wants to watch a kid die of cancer multiple times and enjoy it? I would say rent this one if your interested.



WRONG TURN AT TAHOE
Oh what would a Tuesday be without a Cuba Gooding Jr. direct-to-dvd film. Yes, earlier this month, Hardwired came out co-starring Val Kilmer, so this makes two direct-to-dvd films for Gooding in one month, and in this film Harvey Keitel decided to stoop low and co-star. Here's the synopsis for the film and I'll let you be the judge: A small-time crime boss kills a drug dealer without realizing that the drug dealer works for the biggest crime boss in the country. Pretty good stuff right?



GALAXY QUEST
Call me crazy, but I really like this movie. It is actually a cult favorite for many people. Obviously, this film came out back in 1999, but it is being released on blu-ray today, and I think it would be worth a buy. It has many big names starring in it including; Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Tony Shaloub, and Justin Long. It's a fun movie and if you enjoy those and don't own it, grab it.

No comments:

Post a Comment