Friday, November 20, 2009

HEADLINES







SPIELBERG AND KING TEAM UP FOR "UNDER THE DOME"
Stephen King's latest, "Under the Dome" was released last week, and already Spielberg is wanting to adapt it. Reports say, that he and King will be developing it for a cable television event.

There is nothing worse than watching something adapted from King's work on television. They take out all the good stuff and change it around to fit television's standards. I'm actually reading the book right now, and I would not mind seeing it adapted, but its over a thousand pages with over thirty characters. I'm only in the 200's of the book and I can already tell you that if this is going to be done well, it needs to be done on HBO. Spielberg and HBO have done a few mini series together and this is the first time he is doing a King adaptation, so hopefully that is where this television event will land.



UNDERWORLD 4 A GO
The Shield writer, John Hlavin is currently working on a script for a fourth Underworld film. He says that it will not be a prequel. Len Weisman is not directing, but will instead produce the film and neither Kate Beckinsale or Rhona Mitra, who starred in the prequel has signed on either.

The first two films are pretty good. I never saw the prequel that was recently made, but I heard it was really good as well. These films don't really do it for me, they are ok for a one time watch, so this isn't very exciting news for me, but I know there are Underworld fans out there who will be very excited to see a new film.




THOR ADDS ANOTHER
Idris Elba has joined the cast of Thor and will be playing Heimdall. Heimdall is the guard of Asgard, Thor's home.

I like Elba in everything I have seen him in. He has a wide range of credentials from Tyler Perry's Daddy's Little Girls, to 28 Weeks Later, to a recurring role on The Office. I'm telling you guys, Thor might not be one of the more popular comic characters, but this film looks like it's going to be awesome.




AMERICAN GLADIATORS HEADED TO THE BIG SCREEN
Peter Ilif, whose writing credits are Patriot Games and Varsity Blues, is writing a script to bring the beloved American Gladiators to the big screen. It appears that, and I quote "The story will feature the Herculean characters as superheroes".

Wow, I think this wins the horrible idea of the day award. This is just beyond stupid. If they do this, all I'm going to say is that they better put Wolf and Crush in it from the new Gladiators series.

As a matter a fact, that's what they should do, instead of wasting millions on a movie that will flop, they need to bring back the show from a few years ago. Sure it was cheesy, but come on.



WARNER BROS. ADAPTING "NUBS"
Justin Zacham, the writer of The Bucket List has signed on to write the script for Nubs. Nubs is the story of Major Brian Dennis, who finds a stray dog while on tour in Iraq, and nurses him back to health.

I really enjoyed The Bucket List, and I'm the biggest sucker for dog's so I'm sure I'll be in line opening night for this film unless they turn it into a kid movie, which I don't see happening.



JACKASS 3......YOU GUESSED IT D COMING
So it must be a rule now that once a third movie of a franchise is made, it's only logical to do it in 3D. Well it looks like Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O, and Bam are going to be filming their next Jackass film in 3D as well.

I don't see how this will work. They do all of their things with mostly with hand held cameras, so I don't get how it will work, not to mention they normally do their films for next to nothing, and I imagine doing one in 3D will raise the budget significantly. I'll definitely see it though.




YET ANOTHER CASTING RUMOR FOR SPIDER-MAN 4
First Rachel McAdams was rumored, then it changed to Julia Stiles. Now Anne Hathaway is the latest to be rumored for the role of Black Cat.

Stiles, not so much. McAdams, I could handle that. Hathaway, Jackpot. I love Hathaway and if you told me she would be starring as the new James Bond I would go see it. One thing is clear though, there is really no casting truths behind any of these rumors. When people's names are being tossed out for a role as much as this is, it is usually people just wishing. Well I wish Hathaway gets the part.

No comments:

Post a Comment